Contact Me

I love getting comments, however some people just want to send a email instead. You can contact me at
zebsmom@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer of 2012

The summer is passing quickly and I am not exactly happy about it.  It's been the hottest summer I can remember, but that hasn't done much to take away from our fun, since we spend so much of it in the pool.  As long as I can swim I say the hotter the better.

We are loving our new house, except for the two sets of stairs.  I can't remember the last house I lived in where I had to walk stairs on a  daily basis, and this house is kicking my butt.  My knees are literally killing me daily...I can't wait till I can get some of this weight off and give them a break.  Other than the stairs we couldn't as for a better place than here.   We have almost finished everything.  I am painting the office this week and once that is done there isn't many big things left to do.  I can't wait until it's all done and I can just enjoy it.  I have a lot of fun projects lined up so I can't wait until the have to's are done and I can get to the want to's.

This summer seems different for me.  I can't shake the feeling like this is the last one I have with my little boy Zeb.  For some reason I think there is a big difference between 7 and 8 and because of this next year I won't have my little boy anymore.  For this reason I have been trying to enjoy my time with him, trying to make the summer last for as long as I can.  I don't want to think about not having my baby boy around, but in the not too  far away future he will be gone, or at least he will be in a place where he doesn't want his old mom around.   Boy oh boy, just the thought of it makes me sad.

In the early fall I will be having surgery.  This also is something that has made me want to slow things down a bit.  Like any surgery it's a serious thing, anything could happen, and because of that I have just wanted to enjoy my life as much as I can this summer.  Don't get me wrong, I have no fears about there being a bad outcome, but there is always that chance right, so I want to make sure that Zeb has good memories just in case.  I think we have done that so far.  We have a bit more summer to go so I am sure there will be more memories made.

So many other things have happened, both with us and in the news.  Shooting in movie theatres and Sikh Temples, people boycotting Chick fil a,  etc. etc.   I have tried to turn it all out, but some things just wont go away.

Who is so crazy that they walk into a movie theatre and start shooting?  Who is that crazy?  Where have we failed I would like to know?   The most amazing thing I heard after this is people who wondered why there weren't people in the theatre with their own weapons....now that is the most messed up idea I can imagine.  Here we are with a crazy gun man in a theatre and you think it would have been a good idea for a but of "scared out of their wits,  civilians" shooting back.....so many more would have been killed.  What a scary thought.  Do I believe in gun control, why yes I do.  I have no idea why anyone would need a semi automatic gun to hunt with??  All I know is up until now the NRA has been winning their fight down there in the US and so far we have seen more shootings like this one in the theatre, seems to me when something isn't working it's time to try something else??

As far a chick-fil-a, well I have known about that business for 7 years now.  I have only eaten their once, and that was before I knew where they spend their money, and have never made the choice to eat there again.  As for freedom of speech, well we all should have that right but we also have the right to no agree.  My problem with that company is not that they are against any other definition of marriage but that they spend millions of dollars a year on funding agencies that spread hate, and want to take rights away from human beings, such as the right to not be beaten because of your sexual orientation.  I don't agree with hate in any form and that is why I will never spend a dime at that place or a list of other places.  As a gay person I have done my research and I will not support those who do not support me, simple!  I buy my gas at shell!

Zeb is excited about school, and grade three, but I think the thing he is most excited about is that he will be starting dance lessons in Sept.  He knows the exact date and everything.  I think it's wonderful that he is so excited.  As a mom you know you are doing the right thing when your kid mentions it every single day, there is no question that this kid is going to love these lessons and that makes me happy.  I can't wait to see him dance his ass off this year, and for the years to come.

We haven't gone anywhere this summer, it's been too crazy and way too hot.  I can't even imagine going to a festival or fair in the heat we have been having.  I can't tell you how grateful I am to be out of the house we were in, not sure how any of us would have made it through this summer without air conditioning.  I think that if anyone is questioning global warming, well I think the proof is really in the pudding.  It is just getting hotter as far as I'm concerned.  I hated living in Houston Tx mostly because of the heat, and now that heat is here in southwestern Ontario, crazy stuff!!

2 comments:

  1. I HATE HATE HATE the heat! Glad you are having some fun with your son this summer! I'm sure it won't be the last summer you will have fun with him, but it's so nice to make those memories early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...I don't recall 8 being that much different than 7 with my daughter. I do remember that 12 seemed to be a huge milestone.

    And then 13...

    ReplyDelete