Contact Me

I love getting comments, however some people just want to send a email instead. You can contact me at
zebsmom@gmail.com

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Am I crazy??

I don't understand people sometimes. Some of the things they do just drives me insane. I have to wonder where they came from, and more importantly where we are going. I am not one to complain, but I need to know if I am the only one that feels this way. I guess for you to know if you are like me, you need to know what I am talking about. Okay so here are a few things that I just have to rub my head and think, am I the only one who thinks this is crazy.

I can't understand why anyone would want to go around all the time complaining?? I don't get why you find the bad in absolutely everything?? This is not how it really is, so why is it that there are people out there that just focus on the terrible, and feel the need to pass that on your way when you are kind enough to give them time. It drives me nutty when people are on facebook everyday, and insist on complaining about everything and everyone. Is that what facebook is for? Do we need to hear how you hate the sun, the rain, the clouds, the way the cat eats, the way your spouse breaths in at night, the way your son smiles?? I don't care if that is the way you feel, I just don't know why you feel the need to share that with everyone on the news feed.

The other side of the coin is those that tell you constantly that everything in their lives is perfect! No ones life is perfect, at least no one I have ever met. I can understand that there are those who feel the need to focus on the positive and not on the negative, but the people who don't put any thought or consideration on the negatives are the ones who I don't get. For me, if you are someone I would be telling things to, I want to be real. The good the bad and everything in between are important, and if I am going to share with you you are going to get it all.

I can't stand women who for some reason decide that when they get married all of a sudden they can't make a decision about anything without checking with their husband first. It's like the minute they got married they all of a sudden stop being an independent woman, and become just a follower of her husband. I know of a woman who before she was married was a happy go lucky female with a group of friends and a willingness to have a very social life. After she got married her friends couldn't come by anymore, not without arranging it in advance and having it approved. That woman has given up everything that made her her, and is now just a reflection of her husbands face. What he likes doing is what we do, where he wants to go is where we go, if he hates it so do I, if he says no it's no. I don't understand anyone who would want to do that to themselves, but more importantly I don't know why you would marry a person because of who they are and then change everything about them so that their only purpose on the earth is to please you. Am I crazy to think that?? Maybe that's the feminist in me.

I don't understand people who go around talking about others and those that they talk to first, believe everything they are being told without giving a benefit of the doubt, and that they think that the people who talk to them about others aren't talking about them to everyone else. Gossip is a dangerous thing, and gets everyone into trouble eventually. I know this from experience. There was a time when I was drawn into a group of people who's sole purpose on earth was to talk about each other, to each other. They would get you alone, and talk all about person A and then go to person A and talk all about what you told them. It was a never ending circle. The thing about this is you sometimes get caught up in it, even when you are really not that type of person. I know I did. I know I said things to people that I should never have shared, and that I have been told things I should never have told to others, but it's like this uncontrollable force, making you go along with the crowd. I am grateful I am no longer in any sort of crowd like that, and that I have learned my lessons.

I don't understand people who go around hurting others just because they can. You know the ones, those that never out grew high school and continue to act like they did back then. I have been witness to grown women going about things like they were still in high school. They resort to lying rather than getting caught up in their passive aggressive behaviour. I had someone use my son to get back at me. She decided to put my kid in a room at daycare under the supervision of someone I said I didn't want him to be with on Valentines day, during the time the kids were opening their treat bags. My son did not have one in that room to open. This as you can imagine made my kid cry. This was told to me by the worker who's room my son was sent to, and she only told me because she said she felt bad for Zeb to have to sit there while every other child were opening up their candy and he had none. This all happened because I reacted to something that she had done a couple of weeks earlier and she didn't like my reaction. The crazy thing is that when I found out what had happened and questioned her about it, she told me that I had been told a lie by the other person and that that other person was just trying to cause problems. For one minute I believed her, but then I went and checked the attendance record and found out that it was not a lie, and the attendance record didn't lie. What shocked me the most is this was someone who I considered a good friend and that her explanation for the situation was that other worker was trying to cause problems.....when it was her that was trying to cause the problems. I have a hard time understanding people who would choose to hurt a child rather than address how they were hurt. I don't get it??? Maybe it's just me.

People who go through life thinking that they are perfect and no one else out there has any importance at all. I have come across so many people like that. The theatre world is full of people like that. They give so little care for others that they actually think that whatever they do, and whatever they say are so profound that we should all sit back and be in awe of them? Give me a break. No one is above anyone in my world, and I think going through life never giving to others will come back and bite you. Why are there so many of them??

I can't handle women who tear down other women. This seems to be so prevalent that it's scary. I am a woman who always takes the woman's side, who lifts them up, and wants women to be all that they can be. I feel that all women should encourage other woman, why wouldn't we, doesn't it affect all of us. If one of us is successful, don't we all reap the benefits of that? I don't think men are bad or evil, I just feel that men hold us down, and if we don't work together to stop this we will never be equal. I worked for a man who paid people all different amounts no matter how long you had worked for him. I saw men, who did the same job as me afford homes, raise families, and not seem to struggle at all. I on the other hand couldn't afford rent and a car payment, and forget about ever going out to dinner or to a movie with a friend. Forget about cable, or telephone. This is the way he ran his business. If you were female, which the majority were that worked there, you just would be put aside and the men made all the advancements. I didn't work there long, but still feel for those women who do. This is one of the reasons why I love unions!!

What ever happened to helping out others. I offer to help whenever I see the need arise, and there are times when I think the people I am offering it to think I'm crazy. Helping others has become so rare that we judge people who do it. There was a time when we all worked together. When it really did take a village to raise a child, now it's mind your own business and keep your distance. Neighbours don't help neighbours anymore. People just take care of their needs and don't think of others. The other thing I have noticed is that people are much more likely to help others by means of charities or giving money to causes, but if someone they know needs help they are reluctant to do it. When we hear about someone who is suffering from some major illness and they need money for treatment we are more than willing to pull out the dollars to help. When we hear about a family who have lost everything because of a fire, and they have no insurance we are eager to get stuff together to give them, along with our cash. But if you hear about a friend or family member who is having a hard time financially, we think well we are all having a hard time, and don't do anything to help. I live my life in a way that I would give my last penny if it would help someone, and have many times. I don't wait for someone to ask me for help, I offer whenever I think the need might be there. Isn't that the way it's suppose to be? I thought we were all for one, and one for all. I thought we were humans, who cared about each others survival on this earth. There was a time when families used to live together, two or three generations so that they could help each other. My father was raised in a home where his grandparents lived with them. This was so that his grandparents could receive help from their children and grandchildren, and they contributed their home so as to reduce the expenses of their kids. Some groups of people still do that. Have you ever wondered why most of the convenience stores are owned by people from the middle east or Asia, because they help each other get into it....so they all prosper. Chinese families still all live under one roof, so that there is always someone home for the children and so that the aging parents have financial security provided by their children. There are large organizations that form together to help their people, such as the Italians and Dutch. They work together for the better good of all. Look at the Amish people. They still live in a world where the village works together to raise the children and to make the money needed to farm the land and make their lives better. If a fire burns down an Amish barn, in two days a new one is built. If someone looses a child, the entire community gathers to pay their respects and provide food and hands to do chores. This is the way it used to be in all sects of society... I for one wish it was still like that.

These are just some of the things I wonder about, wish were different, and wish I could change. I can't change how others feel or behave, but I can change what I do. I will raise Zeb to offer help whenever he sees it might be needed. To open doors to those walking around him. To help someone who has fallen and could use a hand. To treat others how he wants them to treat him. And above all to be kind in every word and action. That is what I can do to change the world, how about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment