Happy Canada Day!!
It's Sunday, and we are all moved in. Moved in and unpacked are two very different things, unpacked will take a bit of work but I know we will get there. All I am happy for is that we all slept in clean sheets after having hot showers, with clean towels on the first night!! I have to say that is one step up from the last time we moved, last time we had a gigantic fight when we couldn't find the towels to shower, and we needed to shower!! We are all happy to be here and not there anymore!!
So, for the most part the move went pretty well. Not all my plans turned out the way I had planned, but the things that didn't work out taught me new lessons about what not to do next time. It's funny the things you can't learn. I discovered that I do have a breaking point, which was reached after cleaning a very dirty and moldy refridgerator for 7 hrs on Friday.
When Damie and I moved out of our last house, well the one before the one we just moved out of, we left our fridge behind by mistake. We had a fridge and so did the house we were living in so we were going to use our fridge in the garage as a roll over fridge. Anyway, long story short, I was at the new house, then the old house then the new house and Damie was all over as well and when we discovered the fridge was left behind we called the former landlord asking to re-enter the house to retrieve the fridge. Our call was not returned for a week at which time we were told there was no fridge left behind, and we were out of luck. So, we were out of a fridge and needed one when moving into our current rental. Damie's co-worker had a fridge she was willing to part with for 80 dollars so she jumped on that and made plans to pick it up a couple of days before we moved. I asked her to look at the fridge before hand, but she didn't and hence we were left with a very dirty moldy fridge that I had to deal with before the moving day. I was not impressed.
After cleaning a fridge for 7 hrs I had enough and went home, waited for Damie to walk through the door and tell her that Zeb and I were leaving and staying in a hotel for the night. I didn't know where to go, and I wasn't staying one more night in a non air conditioned house after my miserable day...so off we went. Zeb and I went and got a bite to eat, checked into the hotel, got our bathing suits on and off we went for a two hour swim. We went to bed, woke up in the morning to a full free breakfast, had a couple of cups of coffee and then went back to the pool for an hour. When Zeb and I finally arrived at the house, Damie and the movers were here unloading. I was happy, rested and ready to boogie.
We got through the whole thing without fighting, without tears, and without having anything really important broken. What more can you ask for, right!
Our pool is filling, we have central air.....life is good.
that central air thing does make life a lot easier---glad you are moved in :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynn, and yes it sure does!
Delete