We are well into May now, boy that was fast. April seemed to take forever, maybe that's because my birthday is at the end or, maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was doing the A-Z challenge and was looking forward to it being over, I don't know, but it sure seemed to last a long time. I love May, it gets a little warmer than April, it rains less typically and everything blooms. We have our beginning of summer weekend around the 24th. We call it May 24, even though it rarely ever happens exactly on the 24th. I think it has something to do with the number of beers in a typical case more than the date, but that just might just be where my head is at during this time of year. Needless to say, it's a great month and I am trying to get out and enjoy it the best I can.
I started walking everyday again. I haven't walked as a form of exercise in almost 3 yrs. Walking has always been my soul time, I have always used it to discover new things about me, to work out my problems, or sometimes to even avoid problems. I stopped walking when I stopped being friends with someone that I used to walk with a few times a week. There really is some truth to having a buddy to get you and keep you motivated, when she was gone I sort of just let everything go. It was stupid, but sometimes we do stupid things in our lives. Anyway, I am back to it, it's painful, my body isn't used to it any more, but each day I go further than the day before and I am taking my time easing into it again. I have a load of new tunes to listen to, so that makes it pleasant and the things you see while walking first thing in the morning are so wonderful. Canada really is amazing when it comes to wildlife. I can't speak to any other country, but it is wonderful to be surrounded by it.
Yesterday I took the afternoon and went looking for that wildlife. I was lucky, it was sunny and there were lots of things out hunting and gathering while I was on my quest. For some reason, and I don't know why, but I am drawn to the water, and am equally drawn to anything that lives and eats there. Yesterday I visited a couple of ponds and a couple of rivers close to my home, well within a bike ride away. I didn't ride my bike though, I had left it too late and had just enough time to make the rounds before Zebbie got off the bus, one of these days I will do it on my bike.
I was able to capture a few good pictures, I saw so many things I couldn't get them all on film, but what I did get I am happy with. These a just a few of the pictures I got yesterday. These two cranes were so beautiful, so reverent and regal. I couldn't take my eyes off of them, nor them me. I watched them watching me, it was lots of fun.

There were many hawks out, must have been some good eating somewhere, but this one flew around and around until I could get a good picture. I think he was trying to get his picture taken.

These were just some of the wonderful birds I saw yesterday. Birds fascinate me, I don't know why, but I think it has something to do with their freedom. What it must be like to fly above everything letting the wind take you where it wants you to go. So peaceful.
May is going to be so busy for us, we have a lot of appointments this month for some strange reason, every one of us will be running. Mother's day is this Sunday, however, we are not going to be going to see my mum, instead we are going see the Blue Man Group and will visit with mum later this month. I am looking forward to spending the day with my baby boy and the other mother in his life. It's hard to share that day with anyone else, since there are two mom's in this family. We do our best, and my mum is okay with it, she actually would rather see a scattering of children rather than all in one day and then no one for weeks. So it all works out great for us. I like it better that way, it seems calmer, less stressful.
You are inspiring me! I used to walk to work (2 miles) but haven't in a while and need to get back to it. I bought new tennis shoes and now have no excuse! Thanks for the motivation!
ReplyDeletei used to love to go for walks--my neighborhood is not very safe for walking so i haven't been doing it too much---i too find birds so interesting--very relaxing post!
ReplyDeleteMost inspiring and wonderful to read.
ReplyDeleteLoved the pictures of the wild life. Thanks for sharing.
Yvonne.