I was thinking the other day, if I could have an hour each with God, Hitler, and a loved one, what would we talk about. I wonder if anything would come out of that hour, and would I feel differently now than I would after? It's an interesting concept for me, so let me just jot down what I think we might talk about.
With God, well obviously my first question to him would be, "why on earth did you think mosquitoes were a good idea?" I have often thought, God sure did think things out, like with the whole opposable thumbs thing, but I think when it came to the invention of such a retched insect as the mosquito there really could have been a bit more thought put into that one. I think that would be a great break the ice kind of question. I know I would be a little nervous, so this might be enough to lower the anxiety. Of course I am going to ask him things like, why earth and not some other planet, and what does he know about when it comes to things like JFK's killing or Roswell. I know, maybe these aren't the important questions, but they do weigh on me from time to time. I guess I would have to ask why we hurt so bad when bad things happen, like losing a love, or when a family member or friend dies. I know I would want to know why bad things happen to good people, and why sometimes if feels like good doesn't always come out on top. I would love to know his thoughts on today's civilization, or lack there of depending on how he answers. I think that most of all I would want to know how I'm doing so far? I mean, wouldn't that be awesome, God giving you a status report about half way through. I would still have time left to improve in the area's I need to... which I'm sure there isn't much (tongue in cheek). I know that having a one on one with God would be amazing, and I actually couldn't even fathom it.
Now, Hitler. You might be wondering why on earth would I ever want to spend an hour with Hitler. Well, I guess is so that I could know first hand what he was like, and what it was about him that made so many people follow him mindlessly into incredible evil. I have never been around someone with such evil in their hearts, at least I don't think I have ever, but I have to wonder, what is someone like that like. I would ask him, "why the Jews?" I know that history has said certain things as to why he hated the Jews, but I would really like to hear it out of his own mouth, I would like him to look me in the eye and explain it. I know that I wouldn't blindly agree with him, and maybe it would be interesting to see if any of my points might ring true in his mind. I don't know, maybe this hour would be a waste of time, and maybe I wouldn't learn anything from it, but I would love to be given that opportunity.
And last, and hour with a loved one. I think we all wish we could just have one more hour, with anyone who has left us to go home. I know there isn't a person that I have lost that I wouldn't wish for one more hug, one last time to hear their voice, their laugh, or to just sit across from them and look at them. I can't imagine what that would be like, having one more hour to just be with them. It wouldn't matter to me if we could talk or not, just being beside them and having them beside me would be beyond heaven. I think the only problem I would have with this option is who would I choose?? Gosh, there are so many, and I would get so much from anyone of them. You know, I think if I had to choose one, it would have to be my grandmother on my father's side. I would love to know her opinion of me now, all grown up. I would love to know what she thinks of Zeb and Damie, but to be completely honest, I would just like to hear her talk once more, because I have forgotten. Sometimes she comes to me in my dreams, but no words are ever spoken, and I wish there were. I wish I could hear her voice just one more time.
I don't know, maybe this is a bit of a sad post today, but this is where my mind is right now. I know there is no point thinking what if, as what if has no real purpose in our lives, but I think about it from time to time.
Oh I love this post, it really got me thinking about the many people I like to converse with.
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to loved ones, it would be my granddad as I never got the chance to say goodbye. He had this quiet but cackling laugh and I'd dearly love to hear it one more time.
Great post.
Thanks Lily, that means alot to me coming from such a great blogger as you!
Deletewow, your post meant so much to me today---
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it was here to serve you! Thanks Lynn!
ReplyDelete