Contact Me

I love getting comments, however some people just want to send a email instead. You can contact me at
zebsmom@gmail.com

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Does my Ass look big in these?

Sometimes I catch myself shaking my head at what some people do..  It's a bit amazing at times.

I find that so many people just share too many of their thoughts....at least the judgemental ones.  Seems that if you are judging others they think it's a free comment zone.  I don't get it, I don't understand why it's easier for some people to say bad things than it is for them to say good ones.

My dad was pretty good at this.  He would point out all your faults but rarely did he ever give a compliment.  I remember one time going to see my parents and just after getting settled into a chair to have a chat my dad looks at me and says..."boy, you need to shave that top lip of yours".  Yep, no word of a lie.  I never heard that he was proud of me, but I sure heard about all the less than perfect things about me, over and over.  I am not going to say he was a bad guy, he wasn't, he just had some major defects that damaged the people around him, well not all people, but some.

I remember one time I was downtown doing something.  I was probably 15 or 16.   While I was walking down the street I came across my great aunt Janet.  This is not at all surprising.  I came from a small town and our family is very large so you can pretty much count on running into someone you know everywhere you go.  As she approached me she said "hi, how ya doin"  I answered her with, "not bad and yer self?"   At which point she held our her arm and grasped my love handle in her hand and said "well that's a bit bigger since the last time I saw ya".  Now I ask you, what do you say to something like that?  I have no idea.  I am a polite person, being anything but is a challenge for me, so I stuck to the polite side and said "well, you're probably right.  Have a good day".

Okay, so maybe it's starting to sound like I come from a bunch of inconsiderate, judgemental, ignorant pricks...well to tell you the truth it is a bit of a family trait.  I think for some it just comes natural.  I have had the same bug myself.  I tease people I like, instead of being sweet and loving.  I mean it all in joke, but I catch myself sometimes with the things that come out of my mouth.  I'm lucky Damie has gotten used to me, or else I think she would pack her bags from time to time.

I am not all that judgemental.  I usually don't even notice things that others judge other by.  I have been known to walk into someones house for the first time and not even mention anything about it....I just don't notice things like that.  I have had friends who have changed their hair or have something new on and I don't say anything because I don't notice.  I am just not that interested.

People judging people has become an epidemic, especially now that we have all this social media.  Now the judges can sit in their dark corner in their basement and type all the offensive crap they want to without the fear of repercussion, because they are invisible. 

I think if you want to judge people then go ahead, but don't complain to others when you find yourself being judged, for what you do to others has already been done to you.  Karma.  Don't mask your judgement by stating it's just an observation, no that's not a free pass.  Judging is judging, plain and simple.  And if you are being judgemental because you think some people are getting away with things they shouldn't, well do something about it.  If they truly are, then let someone know.  I am so sick of hearing others complain about what others do in their life, and how they are ripping off the system, well until you walk in their shoes you have really no idea what is going on, now do you!

I think it's time to be kinder to one another.  Remember, we are all on our own particular path, and even though you may not agree with it, unless someone says "what do you think about this" then don't give us your judgement.  But be careful, when a lady asks if these pants makes her ass look big....well you have to answer that question with kindness....not judgementalness! (and yes I did just invent that word)

4 comments:

  1. Heeheehee judgementalness. Apologies for laughing at your dad's 'top lip' remark.

    I met a old friend of my mum's recently who said, "Lily, I wasn't sure if it was you or not. I thought, that can't be Lily she's gotten so big! Why are you so big?!

    Me: It because of the meds I'm taking T, what about you?

    T: Er...er...well it was nice seeing you. Bye.

    Generally I always have respect for my elders but just because they are my seniors, doesn't give them the right to be rude. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny Lily!! Who needs enemies when we have people like that in our lives...LOL!!

      I love the comeback!

      Delete
  2. yes you are right--we should all practice a lot more kindness!!

    ReplyDelete