It's been an exciting week around here. We looked at a new house to rent, loved it, filled out the application, crossed every appendage we have and GLORY...we got it!! We are so excited, but not exactly about the time line, we only have three weeks, yikes!! I'm up for it, I like a challenge, I know I can do it, bring on the boxes. We are lucky because we have only been in the this stinky house for 8 months and haven't unpacked everything, and when we did unpack we organized everything so packing will be easier. When we moved here we knew it was only going to be for a short time, not this short mind you, but sort none the less. I am so grateful to be leaving, it has been a nightmare since we moved in. I cried the first night we were here, and I can't tell you how many tears have been shed since. It will be great to be out from under this mold infested swamp!
This week at work has also been phenomenal for Damie. She has had the most productive week since she started working for this company in Oct. She couldn't keep up with all the calls, quotes, potential customers coming in and seeing her. She was pretty much run off her feet. By the time the end of the week came she was ready to call it a week by 4:00 Friday afternoon. We were happy to see her walk through the door at 6, finally the week was over and we were all home for two days together. Weekends are like that aren't they. It's so great to get us all under one roof from morning to night. Somehow we have screwed things all up haven't we. Why is it that we work 5 day and have only two off, what were we thinking, why didn't we work it out to be work 3 days have 4 off....now that would have made way more sense to me!
It was a hot day yesterday, and so I didn't feel much like cooking. Our house is not air conditioned so when it gets hot, it's a boiler! We decided to go out to eat for a change. I was happy, a night for me not to cook. Besides, we needed to celebrate our exceptional week.
We picked out a restaurant we all like, and haven't been to in a really long time and drove into the city. It's about a 40 minute drive for us, but that was okay it gave us all time to talk and tell each other about our days. We arrive at the restaurant just in time, I was beginning to fell like if I didn't get something to eat I was going to start eating my arm off. The waitress sat us and then after a bit came and took our drink orders. A few minutes she came back with a diet coke for Damie, water with lemon for me, and a big cold glass of chocolate milk for Zeb. She was in a bit of a hurry, so she just put all the drinks between me and Zeb and then kind of ran off....they were about to bring out a cake for a customer sitting in the back and she needed to get to the pile of other wait staff to follow the cake out. I moved Damie's drink over to her side of the table, I then moved my water to my other side, and was just moving my hand back when the group started singing and Zeb sat up a bit to see the birthday girl or boy when his elbow knocked the glass of chocolate milk down pouring the contents all over my leg, arm and eventually the floor. I was drenched, and mad, and starving. Zeb immediately started to cry, feeling so bad about what had just happened. I quickly told him it was not his fault and not to worry about it, the waitress should never have put that glass there. There was no salvaging the night, we had to go. I was completely milk from the waist down. As I sloshed to the car all I could think was I don't want this milk all over my seats and we didn't have anything I could put under me to keep them safe. It then occurred to me that if Zeb were to open his door at the back and I open my door at the front I could quickly take my shorts off and then climb into the car without anyone seeing me, so that is exactly what I did. Zeb was laughing so hard I thought he was going to throw up...he couldn't believe what he was seeing, his old mom pulling her drawers down in public. It was pretty funny.
So on the way home we picked up some food and went home to eat. I was famished by the time I actually got to sit down and eat, but it sure was an adventure.
Hee hee, pulling your drawers down in public...I've had many a night like that but that's another story.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on getting the new house! You Damie and Zeb deserve this. :)