Contact Me

I love getting comments, however some people just want to send a email instead. You can contact me at
zebsmom@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2nd day and I am still alive!!

I can't believe how much more time I have when I am not on the computer all day, or watching TV. It's really quite astonishing.


I have to start off with a bit of a rant! Last night we had to drop my car off at the repair shop in LaSalle. This shop is wonderful, it is run by two semi-retired men who just enjoy the work and not ripping off their customers. I can't tell you how many times we have taken the vehicles in and they have done this or that at no charge. Sweet men!! As long as they are doing what they are doing I will be going there even if it is a bit out of my way. Anyway, back to my rant. Since Damie drives past this place every night on her way home from work she said to me "why don't you meet me there around 6:30" and I agreed as long as the washing machine guy was gone in time for me to get there, otherwise I said if I am not there I couldn't make it at 6:30 so just come home. Well we were lucky and the guy finished with lots of time to get there by 6:30 so off Zeb and I went. We arrived at 6:25 and there was no sign of Damie so we got comfortable (comfortable means I let Zeb climb up into the front seat and snuggle with me). 5 mins pass, no Damie. 10 mins pass, no Damie. 10 more minutes pass and here comes Damie from the wrong direction. She gets out the van and I get out of the car and I say "where were you coming from?' and she replies "from home" I could feel the heat enter my neck and travel up to my mouth and then I couldn't stop myself and I said very loudly "Why the hell are you coming from home, Zeb and I have been here since 6:25 and the deal was 6:30". Her reply was "was I went by at 6:18 and thought I would see you on the road and head back." OH NOW I AM REALLY ANGRY!!! Why does she do these things??? She didn't want to wait 7 mins to see if I showed, NO, she would rather I wait with a hungry 7 yr old for 25 mins. Things like this drive me bonkers!!! Okay, so I am done with the rant, I forgave her and made her swear she would never do anything like that again!!


We all started the day off the same, only it was alot harder to get Zeb up. He did not want to get out of bed, and even after Damie carried him to the kitchen table he still put his head down and kept asking to go back to bed. I was a little worried about sending my sleepy boy off to school, but we did.


Breakfast was one scrambled egg, yogurt with some Ezekiel cereal and blueberries mixed in. I have to tell you that is a great way to eat yogurt and I like yogurt. I had pineapple chamomile tea, along with my vitamins and today Damie and I shared a serving of the wheat grass. Yesterday we both had explosions and decided maybe we better ease into the wheat grass. I hate to admit it, but I got it down a little easier today than yesterday. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I could down it in two drinks.

I waited patiently for the washing machine repair man to show up all day just to have him call at 5 and say he wouldn't be there till 6:30. What repair man shows up at 6:30??? What a waste of a day. My car was in the shop anyway, so I couldn't have gone anywhere, but I couldn't even go for a walk. AS for the car, now when it rains it pours. 205.00 on the washing machine and now some sort of important sensor has gone on the car and that will be another 200 dollars more. It would have been more like 300 dollars but Damie found the part in the states for 50 dollars less and then when you lower the tax as well the part is much cheaper and I love cheaper!!! So much for getting a message next week with the baby bonus!! Ownership can really suck sometimes.


I had a lovely shrimp quesadilla today. Damie read someplace yesterday that if you add tomato's and olive oil to your stir fry the nutrients are absorbed into the body better. So today, I cooked my veggies in a little olive oil and cut up some cherry tomato's and put them in too. It was soooo good I think I will have it again tomorrow.


Tonight we had a lovely 13 bean soup, and some cut up dragon fruit. It was all every yummy. If you haven't tried dragon fruit you should, it is quite refreshing and very satisfying.

As for the me time, and getting things done for me. Well I guess I am not exactly on that band wagon yet. I still meander around the house doing chores, and not really focusing on me. I think Thursday will be better, mostly because I will have the whole day to myself. Tomorrow I have my first therapist appointment of the New Year and that sort of breaks the day up, but Thursday I have the whole day to myself with no repairmen coming, and no cars to be fixed. I will keep you posted on how that goes.


Now for the TV. Last night we watched the premiere of Shameless, and wow do I love that show. I think it is the first show in years where I can't wait for the next week. If you haven't seen it you really should give it a try, it is quite shameless, and a little raunchy from time to time, but the acting is outstanding and the storyline is so unique. It is refreshing to see a family on TV who don't live in million dollar houses and have wonderful pay cheques and cars. Finally back to real life, makes me miss the Rosanne show. Tonight's TV will be Parenthood, another good show, but a bit to much over talk. I do love it though. I can tell you, I am not missing TV much at all!!


Peace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment