My cold is getting worse instead of better, and I just don't get why. I have stayed inside, kept myself warm, drank so much green tea I would swim in it, napped. What more can I do? Still it gets worse, now it is down in my chest....exactly where I didn't want it to go. I think sometimes if I wanted it to go into my chest that is when it wouldn't go there. I think being sick when you don't work is a total waste of time, I have no where to stay home from and laying on the couch has really lost it's appeal. I hate being sick.
I don't understand for one second why it is that my 7 yr old gets on his school bus and that damn bus driver does not wait until he is seated to take off. She has to be at least 10 mins early to the school everyday, but still she acts like she is running late and she must push on. I think he is to young to fumble along trying to get to a seat with the bus motoring down the road. What ever happened to people caring about others. It comes second nature to me, I would rather be 5 mins late that have a little 7 yr old fall down trying to get to their seat. Every moring is the same thing, I sit there in the warmth of my car (because yes I do take my baby down to the bus stop and let him sit in the warm car until it's here) and I watch my little boy run over to the bus, climb up the stairs and voom off she goes without having him seated first. It kind of is driving me crazy!
I watched Rosie O'donnell on the Piers Morgan show yesterday (it was from the night before) and there was one thing said by Piers that I really never actually thought about before, but when he said it it was like an ah ha moment for me. He said something to her about gay marriage and what a shame it was that the American people felt the need to not allow it. He found that to be so outrageous as it is one of the few countries left that don't allow it. He said something about he didn't think there was a country left in Europe that didn't allow it. This make me thing, that is exactly how I have been thinking about it. I think, you are suppose to be the stongest, most powerful country in the world (or at least that is what is drilled into our heads from every imagionable source known to man) but yet you are so backward in your thinking and intentions. I realized when this was said that what other countries think of you is more important sometimes than what you think of yourself. Americans have this increadable pride, like no one else actually. I don't think that is a bad thing, but what are you proud of? I don't think there really is all that much really. Slavery? Economic's? Bush Jr? Vietname? Well the list could go on. My thinking here is maybe if you didn't hold others down so much more people would be standing beside and behind you pushing you up! I think it is time that you started thinking about what kind of image you have with others in the world? I think it's time to stop standing in the way of others and actually stand behind you "American Dream". I think it's time that you started to ask yourself, what must others think of us? And yes, you can say "who give a @#$% what other's think, but you know, what others think has so much to do with economic's, trade, commerce, safety, understanding. What other's think of you, as a whole, plays so much into how strong and mighty you really are. And seriously, who would ever, in their right mind, ever consider a potential presidencial canadate that tired his dog to the roof of his car and then drove that car to Canada?? Who??
Since I have decided to limit TV, Idol is on my chopping block. I have to say over the years I have enjoyed the show, and I particularly liked last season as far as having Steven Tyler on, but really I am quite tired of all the bullshit that goes along with the show. I think there comes a time when you have to put your foot down with some things. I think any reasonable person is against bullying. It goes against common sense, but yet we can't get enough of shows on television that actually encourage bullying. I think it doesn't happen so much now that Simon is gone, but it still happens. I don't like it, and I am going to stop watching. I think I will watch the final two night and see what I think of who got there without any of the back story etc. So Idol is off the watch list.
You know what I am thankful for today. Damie forgot the wheat grass this morning. I noticed right off, but you can be sure I wasn't going to tell her....not with time to get it on the table. I will tell her just before we say goodnight tonight that she forgot it, that way there won't be any time to get it into me. Damie read my blog yesterday, not sure if she is going to today. All I have to hope for is that she doesn't and then I will get a whole day off from the stuff.
I read the blog..... ;-O
ReplyDelete....but since you are sick I will let you off the hook. No wheat grass for dinner.
-Damie