Two Sundays ago Damie and I started a diet. Yes, another one. No, this time it's different I swear!
I had been doing some research and discovered that there is a reason I am round around the middle and have a large butt and upper legs....seems my hormones are out of whack. This is total news to me, why didn't anyone ever tell me that before?
So it seems there is a way to *fix* these things and it all has to do with reducing carbs and eating more lean meats. Wow, again, why didn't anyone ever tell me this?
So two Sundays ago we began our quest to reduce or middles and take some of the heft off the butt and legs.
We did all the incredibly embarrassing things, like weigh ourselves (not good) and took all our measurements (bigger not good), as we read that we will lose lots of inches....I was not holding my breath. So we were set, ready for this ONE to finally work.
This is what happens, we can only have between 20 - 30 grams of carbs a day, no sugar, and lots of water. You do this from Sunday morning until 6 pm Friday night. At 6 on Friday you get to eat what you want right thru till Sunday morning.
Well, if you read my last post you will have read that last week was a rather stressful one. The good thing is I didn't cheat once, mainly because I just didn't feel much like eating even though the house was full to the rim with wonderful foods friends and family brought over. No, I did not eat any of the red velvet cupcakes, no I did not have an cheesy potato's, no I did not eat one piece of the wonderful lemon poppy seed loaf. I followed it to a tee, even thought my normal routine is to gorge myself when I am stressed and sad.
So, Sunday morning comes along and it's time to check the scale and measure again. Well, no surprise to me, the scale didn't move. At this point I am feeling like, again nothing works, and then we take the measurements. I lost 7.5 flipping inches people. Amazing, I could hear the angles singing. I have no flipping idea how one loses inches and no pounds, but hey what do I know. All I know is that it is working, not in the area's I wanted it to work in, but it is still working.
The stomach did not go down much, maybe a half inch. The butt and upper legs both lost 1 inch each but most of the loss was in my bust and upper arms, which hey, ain't too shabby!
This week has been a bit more challenging. Don't know why, but it has. I want bread this week like no bodies business, and OH LORD we walked into Timmie's to get a decaf and those items behind that wonderful glass case literally stood up and sang my name when I entered the door!!!
I will not give in, all I will do is save it all up until Sat and then I will allow myself something special.
The other wonderful changes that have happened during this process is my colon has become one happy camper. Those little poop's are all twisty and turny like Dr. OZ says they should be, so HALLELUJAH!! The other thing is the blood sugar is pretty good, not exactly great but I have been kind of doing nothing lately except sitting around admiring the 7.5 inches lost!!
I am rather excited to see what the measuring tape has in store for me this Sunday, but really I can't wait until 6 pm Friday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment