February 14th is such a commercialized day that it is almost shameful that we take part in it. I think, why do we do this, all we do is make some companies more money and really, why? Damie and I don't actually take part, never have. We have specially days, times and dinners all the time, no one needs to tell us that we need to do this or else we don't really love each other. I tell Damie in so many ways every single day how much she is loved, and she does the same for me. We believe love is a verb, so for the most part it is shown in our actions, but today I will share them in words.
I found my perfect match on June 19th, 2001. We meet in a small chat room located on MSM. It was a woman's only chat room, and I was in there bitching about something or other and she was watching what I was writing and was laughing at me. At some point during my rant she messaged me and introduced herself. Her chat room name was actorgirl22 (oh god I can't believe I remember that).
That night we had a long conversation about almost everything, and that conversation has not stopped yet. She was not exactly what I was looking for, 10 yrs younger than me, living in the US, a Texan, an actor, and the list goes on. I am sure I was not someone she went into that room to find, or happen on, but hey she messaged me right!
Aug. 2, 2001 I moved to the fine state of Texas, sight unseen. Having never met her before I was taking the biggest chance of my life. Yes I was afraid, yes she could have been a serial killer, no I didn't know what she really looked like other than the picture I had seen online, no I had absolutely no clue if she would actually be at the airport to meet me, YES I DID HAVE A RETURN TICKET!
She was there to meet me, and she has been there ever since.
She is my perfect match, my other half, but holds all of my heart. Yes, there are times when I wonder, why am I with her and what was I thinking, but those fly out of my head as fast as they come in. She is the first person to actually get me, to understand where I come from, how I tick. She doesn't care if I don't always make sense, or that I can be over sensitive at times. She doesn't care if I am a neat freak and freak on her head about being such a slob. She does most of the driving which I love, I enjoy riding down the road talking and not having to sit behind the wheel. She wakes up most mornings to make us all breakfast, letting me sleep until just before it's ready, even on the weekends. She holds her own in debates, and is always making me think. She never says she has had enough, even when I know she was at enough an hour ago. She likes my cooking, or at least doesn't complain. She is the best mom I have ever witnessed and teaches me something new everyday. She works hard to take care of us, and make sure we have a roof over our heads. She is happy living in my home country, and has made it hers without complaint. She thinks I am funny, and laughs at my jokes (I am not funny so this is an amazing feat). She is the person I can't wait to see walk in the door at night, and whom I never run out of things to talk about. She would never hold me back, make me small, or not want what I want. She is generous with her time, her talents, and especially with her heart. All of these things shows me how much she loves me, a card could never say it better.
I couldn't imagine my life without her.
I tell her this everyday, not always in words but in actions. I found her in a chat room when I wasn't even looking, and if that isn't enough to prove it was meant to be I don't know what is.
No comments:
Post a Comment