Okay, so I have the most amazing wonderful awesome kid. Well at least I think so and quite frankly that's all the matters.
The other night he was talking about his girlfriend. We asked him why it is that he always needs to have a girlfriend. We told him that he will spend enough of his life with girls and that maybe right now, when he is still young, he should just have fun and not worry so much about the girls. His reply was "but they are so beautiful, I can't stand it!" I am a little worried about what life will be like for us when he reaches puberty, UGG!!
This morning he was sitting at the table and he started to talk about drugs. Now this kid is 7, so I wouldn't think he would know anything about drugs, so we have never actually had a conversation about them with him. He said that there are good drugs and bad drugs and that he is never going to take any bad drugs ever. I asked him how he knows what are bad drugs as apposed to good drugs and he said bad drugs don't come from you doctor. I then asked him what he is supposed to do with the drugs he gets from the doctor and he said, "well mom, your supposed to take them like he tells you too". Duh!!!! I told him he was absolutely right and then just as I was going to ask him another question he said "and do you want to know what else I'm never going to do?" "What?" "I am never going to smoke!! There is something in them that is very bad and it's called nicotine. Nicotine makes you really sick and I don't ever want to get really sick!" I said to him that that sounded like a plan. I then asked him where he got all this information, and he said "school". It's good to know they are talking to these babies so early, I hope it all sinks in.
While Zeb was finishing his breakfast I mentioned that it was a friends birthday today. He immediately said, "can I call her and sing her happy birthday?" So we handed him the phone, gave him the number and let him go. He was so cute, when the phone was answered it was answered by my friends daughter. Zeb said "hi (girl), it's me Zeb, is your mom there?" When my friend got on the phone he wished her happy birthday and then he sang it. What a sweet kid. It's times like this that I actually admit he's mine.
I love that he wants to do these things, it's like the whole world is a stage and he is just here to use it.
It is these things that make me so proud of him. I love who he is growing up to be, and I hope he always stays like this.
As my mother used to say, "Your mouth to God's ear.."
ReplyDelete