I wouldn't say I was the unluckiest person, but damn close. I don't tend to win anything, oh except this year I have been the only person in the house to win anything with the roll up the rim at Timmie's.
Damie is our lucky one in the house, she has me in her life doesn't she!! Apart from me, she is one lucky Chickie. We have gone to the casino maybe three times, and every time we stick to only spending 20 buck each. Well my 20 is gone before I can even get comfortable on the stool, and she can make hers go up to 300. I call that luck.
I'm not sure, in most cases if I believe in luck. I think I believe in things happening exactly how they were intended. I think luck has nothing to do with it.
If it weren't for the people who have come into my life, I would never had made to adulthood. It wasn't luck that brought those people to me, it was the way it was all planned out to begin with. I wasn't unlucky because I had terrible things happen to me as a kid, it was intended that way to make me into the person I am today.
Yesterday, a friend emailed me about the fact that she had recently broken up with her boyfriend, and she is having a hard time with it. We all know that feeling, broken hearts take so long to heal. I can say to her, well you were lucky to have him while you did, but I really believe that she had him for as long as was intended.
There are reasons for everything, sometimes we don't understand them at the time, sometimes we never understand them, but there is something we are given from each little thing that comes into our lives.
I feel lucky to have Damie and Zeb in my life, I don't deserve them, but yet here they are. I know luck really has nothing to do with it, Damie was just in that chat room at the right time for us to meet. And as for Zeb, well he happened first try, I think he definitely was intended.
I know why these two people were brought into my life. Damie and Zeb bring qualities that I have never experienced before. Damie has taught me so much about so many things. She is an amazing mom, and through her I have learned what it all means. She is easier than me, she doesn't worry about the small stuff the way I do. She has taught me to just chill more, and leave things as they come. Zeb on the other hand has taught me to be open, carefree with others, and to just accept that all the people we come across daily are just friends we haven't met yet. He doesn't get all upset when someone wont play with him, he just moves on to someone who will. Great lesson for me to learn.
Life is full of unexplainable things, but they are all there for a specific reason. As for luck, well it has nothing to do with it.
wonderful post of gratitude!
ReplyDeleteI agree that it all happens because it is supposed to....but it is hard to not believe in luck. I'm darn lucky! I am a much better person because of you....I don't think anyone would argue that (even the a-hole haters in my "family"). I continue to learn from you and be encouraged by you every day...and I am so greatful for that! And as for Zeb? He is without a doubt the greatest gift I have ever been blessed with....the way he came about, he was certainly meant to be, but boy am I lucky that I get to be his mom too!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, I think we make our own luck in life albiet good/bad.
ReplyDeleteWonderful read.
Yvonne.