Contact Me

I love getting comments, however some people just want to send a email instead. You can contact me at
zebsmom@gmail.com

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quality vs. Quantity

I don't know about you, but I have always been a quality girl.  I enjoy good things, rather than lots of things in most cases.

I would rather save my money and go out to a really nice meal, than go out every weekend for fast food.

I would rather have a couple of really good, really close friends than a large number of not so close not so good friends.  I guess it's because I like to get invested in people, I don't know why I just do.  I love having a network of people I know and can do things with from time to time, but I think having a couple of quality friends, one's who are invested in your life and you in theirs is a true gift.

As a kid, I think the only time I really wanted anything in quantity were Easter eggs, and candy on Hallowe'en.  I was more of a quality kid.  I liked getting nice clothes, maybe fewer but stuff I really liked.  I loved having one nice pair of shoes, so I would save up my money and buy a really nice pair of shoes ever 6 months or so.

Now, with money tight, we do cut corners on what we buy Zeb.  There was a time when it was quantity rather than quality with him.  For some reason we feel into the trap where we thought he had to have every new toy out there.  Now we try to stick to things that bring some sort of skill along with it, and yes, he gets a lot less that he used to because these items tend to be more expensive.

I would much rather have a deep, interesting conversation with someone than just spend the time with them talking about other people or the weather.  I like getting to know people, and enjoy the process of really getting to know them.  I really think this is why we are on this earth, to really connect.  Hard to do with all the electronic things we have today, but I do still try.

We haven't bought a new car once in our relationship, we buy used.  When we do buy a car/van we go and pick out the best make and model for our buck.  The last car we bought was a Honda civic and although it had over 100km on it when we bought it, I know that car will run well for at least another 200km.  If I were to have bought anything made by American builders, they would start to die around 200, or ten years which ever comes first.  I would rather have an older car that will run longer than one that will start to die in a year or so.

I love to have my back yard filled with colourful birds and songs, so I guess when it comes to that I want quantity all the way.  There is nothing like taking my morning coffee out to the back porch in the morning and hearing the music fill my ears.

What kind of person are you really?  Do you want lots no matter what it is, or do you want something good more often??

7 comments:

  1. That shows you're wise for valuing quality over quantity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make some interesting points---quality is lacking in many ways these days

    ReplyDelete
  3. to be honest, as long as I don't have to cook, I don't care how much the meal cost or didn't cost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you there Judy, as much as I like eating I hate cooking it!

      Delete
  4. Food for thought here. I'd rather save up and have a good meal than go out often, besides I'm too busy blogging.....lol

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete