Today I begin again, once again!
After countless hours of thinking, conversations, and endless cups of coffee I have decided that it would not be wise of me to stop doing something I love to do simply because I may hurt, or more accurately, embarrass some. They should not be strong enough to silence me, nor should I give them that power, so I will not stop.
You are an asshole if you take the things I have shared in this blog and bring it to people whom you know have not read it for themselves and twist it for your own enjoyment. You are an asshole if that is your description of fun, as it is not mine.
I don't believe in hurting people intentionally, it is not my way. I am sure that I have hurt many people in my life, sometimes knowing that I had, sometimes not. No one lives a full life without some hurt along the way. I have intentionally hurt people, but I can certainly count on one hand how many times I have done that, it is was more about revenge than about the need to hurt. I am not perfect, nor would I ever want to be, I am, however, honest to a fault and that is what makes me different than the assholes who like to use this blog as gossip. I don't really know what the payout is for someone who embellishes the truth and spreads it like you are sharing a new story? I don't understand what makes one feel good about such actions. I know how good it can feel to see someone who has hurt you feel the pain back, but really, is that really rewarding? I don't think so, what it actually does for me is for a very brief moment I feel bigger than them. I feel like I deserve this, and they should be made small for what they did. I don't enjoy that feeling, I don't like being like them, I feel like I am better than that.
There are things in this blog that may very well embarrass some, and so it is. I don't apologize if you feel ashamed of yourself, or that the description of you is unfavorable. As I have said, but forgot for a short time, I do not apologize for anything written in this blog. It is my truth as I know it, feel it, and see it, and no one can deny me of that. My words are mine, not yours, not anyone other than mine. The things that I write about in this blog are my reality, my life. I can't make it up, I just don't have that sort of mind. I have always thought it is better to write about what you know and that is what I have done.
I will continue to blog, in fact I have just entered a "blog A - Z" challenge, where you blog every day of April, except Sundays, blogging a - z. I did not know about this challenge until today, so I am blogging what I would have blogged yesterday, the first day, with my A blog. Hence the title Assholes. I think this is a great way to get back into the swing of things, and also a great way to get me to write daily.
I am glad I listened to those of you who took the time to write me, and leave comments both on the blog and on facebook. I really do appreciate anyone who is willing to take the time out of their busy lives to read what I have to say. I know I am not a real writer, but I do enjoy writing and getting things out of my head and down on paper, or in this case on the screen.
So, I am back, I am happy to be back, and I am not going to stop again!
Good for you , There is a song by Gloria Gaynor entitled "I Am What I Am" if you ever listen to the words you will see you can't live your life for others. Everryone has a right to speak their mind. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteYvonne.
I'm so very sorry (but not surprised) that you're experiencing this type of prejudice. I teach graduate-level education courses on multiculturalism (dealing with every form of prejudices) and I hear about it all the time. Also, my hubby and I have adopted 3 children (of different ethnicities and who have different problems from ADHD to Anxiety Disorder to Schizophrenia/Bipolar Disorder. I can't tell you the number of 'friends' we've lost when people find out about all this (especially the schizophrenia). All we can do is take the high road and keep fostering a kinder, gentler world one home at a time. That's what I try to do in my blog (http://Dr-Rhia.com/blog). You will always be welcome there. I'm so glad you decided not to stop blogging. There will always be haters but we can help each other through those difficult times. I've written some blogs on some of the comments we've had over the years (I think one was called You Mean They're Squatters?) Anyway, keep blogging!
ReplyDeleteRhia
Well shame on me for reading things backwards.
ReplyDeleteI just left a comment on the previous post before starting to read through your A-Z Challenge.
Good on you for not giving up, which says more about you than the person who brought all this on in the first place. :)