Contact Me
I love getting comments, however some people just want to send a email instead. You can contact me at
zebsmom@gmail.com
zebsmom@gmail.com
Thursday, April 5, 2012
The letter "E"
The other day I came across a song, well actually a singer named Eva Cassidy.
I was looking for a video on youtube, and her name popped up, so I took a listen. She had a few songs that I would have loved to hear, but since we have the dinosaur of dial up, I didn't want to wait all day to hear them, so I just waited on one.
It was her rendition of Imagine by John Lennon. It was amazing, to say the least. Her voice sounded just like what I think an angel would sound like, if we had ears that could hear them. I was in awe.
I thought, who is this young talent and where is she now. Well, I soon found out that she had died a few years ago as a result of cancer.
This made me think of all those amazing talented people out there that the masses never get to hear, who's talents never get the recognition it deserves. I wonder why give these people these wonderful gifts, and then not let all of us appreciate them. Why bring such a beautiful person into the world, just to have her go before we, the public, ever gets to know she was here?
This led me to think of how the world has changed, and how now, more than ever before, we are closer to each other. We can complain about all the gadgets we all have now, and about the fact that we may know about what people are doing more but we speak to them less. I know I have made a few comments from time to time about the lost art of calling friends on the phone and talking to them, about the fact that a sweat nothing is now being shared via email. I miss those days, but these days have brought us the opportunity to know who Eva Cassidy was, and hear her wonderful gift right in our own home.
I wish all the talents all over the world could be appreciated and recognized, but I am grateful for the fact that we have ways to share now, and we are in so many ways better off for it.
So today, I want to use the letter "E" to celebrate the life of Eva Cassidy, and all of Eva's brothers and sisters out there in the world than never receive from the masses what they deserve.
If you get a moment today, give her music a listen on youtube. You'll be glad you did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
she does sound like an angel--thanks for sharing <3
ReplyDeleteEva had a beautiful voice - have you heard her singing 'Over the Rainbow'?
ReplyDeleteI have heard it before and she really had an amazing voice, yes it is sad that all these talented people's lives are cut short. It's on the same lines as my post today.
ReplyDeleteYvonne.
Very nice rendition of one of my all time favourite songs. I must admit having never heard of Eva before.
ReplyDelete