Contact Me

I love getting comments, however some people just want to send a email instead. You can contact me at
zebsmom@gmail.com

Friday, April 27, 2012

Yodeling

I like to yodel, as I am sure you do to, I just don't do it enough.

I can't tell you when I started to yodel, back then it was more of a secret thing I did, and for a very long time it was something I did alone.  You know, when no one was home, or when I was trying to fall asleep on a warm night.  Yodeling always seemed to make me drift off, fast asleep.

When Damie and I were first together, we yodeled together all the time.  Sometimes two or three times a week you would catch us yodeling.  It was pretty normal for us.  Then the years past, and the frequency of our yodeling sessions became fewer and further apart.  You know how that is.  Yodeling became a hard thing to fit into our daily lives.  Then we had a baby and yodeling went out the door.  I didn't have time to yodel, are you kidding me, I barely had time to have a shower let alone yodel.  Yes you're right, I could have yodeled in the shower, but that just seemed like too much work.


Every single time I actually make time to yodel I ask myself, why don't I do that more often, I really enjoy it.  I guess yodeling, like everything else, takes a back seat in our busy lives.  I have heard that men think about yodeling twice as often as women, I don't know how much truth is in that, but I bet they miss the regular sessions as much as the women do.

I think it would be so much easier to actually get to yodel if I could multi-task while doing it, but it is just not something you can do while doing something else.  I know I could never take the dishes out of the dishwasher if I were yodeling, I think I would likely end up breaking more than I put away due to the fact that I put my whole body into doing it right.  I know I couldn't iron while I was yodeling, I would probably end up burning myself, or someone else, or the clothes.  Nope, when you yodel you really need to keep your focus on the yodeling and nothing else, otherwise you can't do it as well as you know you can.

Yodeling is a very popular activity.  I have heard of a bunch of people who like the challenge of being in a group called "the mile high" yodelers, and there was once a story about some famous singer who got caught late at night in a public washroom in a park yodeling.  As a matter of fact alot of people are getting famous these days making yodeling tapes and posting them on youtube, in fact from what I hear Kim Kardashian is famous for her yodeling expertise.  There are stores that sell items that make the yodeling experience more interesting and movies you can order late night that teach many new techniques.  It seems to be a world wide phenomenon.  I know I am not alone in my love for a good yodel from time to time!!


I think yodeling is a very enjoyable way to pass the time, I know I have always enjoyed my time doing it, perfecting my skill at it.  I don't really think that this is a subject that we should openly talk about really, even though we all know we all do it, but still, I think it's something for the most part that should be kept to yourself.  Oh, and anyone you may be yodeling with!  Now I am off to go get some toys and yodel my head off!!

;)

8 comments:

  1. A great subject and song, alas I can't yodel but I applaud anyone who can.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah, never even thought of yodeling...while I love to listen to it I can't do it and maybe that's a good thing~ how fun you found someone else who enjoys yodeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband can do it a little--great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll never think of yodeling in the same way again! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your blog and I am now a follower.

    You have put yodeling into a new perspective for me. I used to find yodeling somewhat annoying, but since you've put it this way I see yodeling in a new light. Now I feel like I could use a good yodel.


    Lee
    A couple more followers and I'll hit 100 at
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad used to yodel as we drove from Texas to Little Rock. I wrote a story about it -- I even mentioned trying to yodel in the shower. I never thought that one can't do it at the same time s/he does other things. I thought one could yodel at any time of the day or night while doing all kinds of things. I must not know yodeling very well. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gives a whole new perspective to yodelling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE this song! My daughters and I sing it frequently.

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete