This, is my 100th blog. I can't believe it.
I didn't know what was appropriate on this auspicious occasion, so I think I will make this milestone with what I have learned over the past 100 blogs.
I will begin by saying that it has been a great deal of fun, and very cathartic is some ways to write my memories, thoughts and feelings down for all to see. In many ways it has freed me from all of it bouncing around in my head, getting muddled up and confused. It has allowed me a way to express myself, in a little safe place where only I live and all others are simply just observers. It has allowed me the voice I frequently felt I didn't have growing up, and a way to deal with all that crap in a productive manner, rather than the ways I had been dealing with it.
I have learned that there are a great deal more people out there than I would have ever thought that read blogs. My blog has been visited by so many people from parts of the world that I can't even pronounce. I can't imagine someone in a tiny little country in Europe would be interested in anything I would have to say, but it happens more than you would think. This makes me happy in so many ways, it brings us together where there was very little chance that could happen any other way. It also makes me feel good about what I am saying, because there are so many people I don't even know reading daily.
I have learned that I am not a bad writer. I am a simple person and write that way. I don't have the expanse of vocabulary I would like, and that shows in the way I write, but I don't feel I need it. I like how I put things down, it flows from my head in a easy way. I usually don't put alot of thought into how I am writing things, I just let the fingers go, and am sometimes surprised by what comes out on the screen.
I have found that it is so easy writing from your heart, when you don't have any real idea who is reading it. I have often written for my own eyes, usually writing my days events in a journal, but this has a bit more realness to it. In some way if feels like it goes further, and accomplishes more, for me and for the reader.
I can't tell you how much comments mean to me. I feel sort of validated by them, and they really make me feel encouraged. I like when someone gets something out of what I have said and want to share that with me. I need that, in some strange way, to feel like I am connected to the reader in more ways than just with the words. I enjoy that for a few minutes of the day someone is connecting to me, and I don't even know it. Isn't that a wonderful feeling. It brings so many nice things back to me, and I love that it has that effect.
Now, on this 100th post, would like to thank all of you who have tuned into each post, who have left comments, and who have felt what I have written. Each and every one of you is important to this journey I am on, and I would like to encourage you to introduce yourself, let me have the opportunity to know where you are from, what brought you here. I love that we are connecting, and I look forward to the next 100 posts. I wonder what they will be??
What perfect timing for this post! Love the XxX :)
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing to think of all the people that stumble upon blogs from all over the world. I'm glad you've been enjoying blogging and are getting something out of it. It's really is nice to have an outlet. Happy next 100 posts!
Anna@Herding Cats & Burning Soup
congrats!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 100th!
ReplyDeleteComing over from A-Z.
~Naila Moon
http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/04/x.html
Congrats on your 100th post, here's to the next 100.
ReplyDeleteYvonne.