Contact Me

I love getting comments, however some people just want to send a email instead. You can contact me at
zebsmom@gmail.com

Monday, April 15, 2013

Motivation

For a very long time I waited to be motivated to do things, if I didn't feel the motivation fill my body I just didn't do it.  That include all sorts of life's jobs like, dishes, laundry, cleaning.  Sometimes it would take a few weeks to get motivated to clean the house, yes gross right.  Usually it wasn't motivation that kicked in as much as the dust bunnies threatening to attack while I was asleep that did the trick. 

Somewhere along the line I have realized that if I'm going to wait for motivation to come into my life, I will be waiting a long time.  Somewhere along the path I learned that what motivation actually does is it comes after you have already started.  This goes for all things, but I have learned it the most when it comes to exercise.

There are days I don't feel like getting off the couch, I don't feel like getting out of my pj's let alone anything else.  I could have quit life, but instead I would force myself out of my flannels and onto the streets.  By the time I made it down the first street on the way to dropping my son off at school I felt better and then I was motivated to do more.

Motivation is a funny thing, sometimes it's the scale that motivates, sometimes it's the sunshine, sometimes it that good friend that's going to give you a hard time if you don't get out and walk with her, and sometimes it's just the memory of how you feel when you get doing.

The house still gets dirty, but I no longer leave it weeks, it's cleaned almost daily.  I still leave dirty dishes in the sink, but they are cleaned before the end of the day, everyday.  I still have a hard time getting myself to the gym, but knowing that I feel better doing it than not gets me there.  I enjoy motivating myself, I enjoy feeling like I am doing instead of just letting days go by. 

So remember, don't wait for motivation to kick you in the ass, turn it around and kick motivation in it's ass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment