I am not a weak person. I know this because I am alive today, if I had been weak I wouldn't have made it.
I know there are people out there that are weaker than others, some who live their lives as victims, instead of survivors. I don't think they are weak unless they are not interested in making their situation better, and if that's the case I have no energy for them. I run out of energy for them, but they come into my life for a reason. I have found that through these types of people I learn so much about myself. They teach me just how strong I am, they teach me just how self sufficient I am! It's through these people that I have learned just how truly blessed I am, and grateful for who I am.
We all have things in our lives we have to overcome, I have had my share believe me. There have been times where I needed some help from a trained professional, and other time where I have used the skills those trained professionals have taught me to move beyond the situations in a healthy productive way.
We all have people in our lives who think their soul purpose in life is to drain the life out of those around them. They insist on only looking at the bad, no matter how many positives you try to point out. They insist that nothing is going to change, it's out of their control, despite all of the solutions you point out. They don't hear anything, they don't do anything, and they wont talk about anything else...it's so draining. I have learned that these people love their misery more than they love picking themselves up and being capable people, they don't need me!
Having issues in your life, and having a hard time moving past them doesn't make you weak if you, in fact, try very hard to find the tools to get through it. Being weak is knowing there's a problem and doing nothing to help your involvement in that problem.
Facing fears, jumping in the deep end, letting go and throwing your hands in the air while the roller coaster of life is descending, these are ways in which we show our strength. Strong people are survivors, they live with an optimism knowing they can get through anything the world throws at them, these are the people I am most drawn to, the ones I like to fill my life with. They inspire me, they challenge me to try harder, they give me strength just by example. They are who I want to be, and try to be daily. I am proud to say that I am strong, sensitive, caring and loving. I am proud to say that although I cry, it's my strength that allows me to do so, knowing that the tears are just a release, and not a symbol of weakness.
When life gets hard, and it always does no matter who you are, dig in, work through it, lean on the ones who love you and pick yourself up. This is strength!
No comments:
Post a Comment