You can't undo some things you do. Even though you would like to.
If you are anything like me, there are things in your life that you would like to undo. Things I have said, things I have done, people I have let into my life, situations I have gotten myself into. Once it's done, it's done. I wish we were given some "Undo" coupons in life, then just after you do something you know you shouldn't have you can use a coupon and it's all undone.
Words are permanent, you can't take back the things you say...so choose them wisely. Remember to always say exactly what you mean, and nothing more.
Your actions have permanent consequences, you can't take them back no matter what you say or do. Choose your actions carefully. I have a hard time with this, as I tend to over react to some things and end up reacting in a inappropriate way. Now I have learned to sleep on it, if I feel the same way in the morning than I react. It's sometimes impossible to do that, but when I can I do.
You can apologize, yes, if you do it right and the person you are apologizing is reasonable, then that might help the situation but it will never change what you did. A good apology has three parts. Say you are sorry, then say it is all your fault, and then ask how you can make it better. Without all three then it really isn't a sincere apology. Most people expect that others will do things over time that will not sit well with them, so don't be afraid of making mistakes, just don't set out to hurt others....you are going to do it eventually anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment