Do you remember when Wendy's used to have the 99 cent value menu?? I don't know, maybe they still do, I can tell you I sure took advantage of that thing!
When I was pregnant with my son I was working all day cleaning houses and doing Theatre at night. It was non stop and very busy, so the value menu came in handy more often than it didn't. I know, how unhealthy, but really eating candy bars would have been worse.
I loved fast food of all sorts. McDonald's and I were such good friends, I could kill a McChicken like no other...and do miss them so much. I loved their fries, who doesn't? The best fries in the world as far as I'm concerned. Nothing really beat that value menu at Wendy's though. You could go there, get 5 things and only pay 5 dollars.....best value on the planet. I think I had everything on that menu at some point, it's all good. Oh and to finish off the meal with a frosty, now that's just heaven in a cup!!
Live changes, you grow up, specially after you have grown out like I did. I know that what I did was not healthy, but healthy costs so much more. I know there are people out there that will make the argument that healthy can be done on a budget, but they just can't beat the value menu. Buying veggies and fruit, enough to last a week breaks the bank. It does!!
Imagine how much money you would have in your bank account if food was free. Imagine how much more you could do if you didn't have to pay so much at the grocery store. For us, and there are two adults and one 8 yr old child, we spend 500.00 a month on the bulk of our groceries. Then we spend more on the weekly milk, bread and odds and ends that we also have to buy. The price of food has just gotten out of hand. I am tired of it.
We don't go to the value menu anymore, in fact we don't go out for meals much at all anymore. I am glad that we have made that change, and for the most part I don't miss it, but I do get tired of cooking all the time. I sometimes feel like I would just like to go drive thru and buy up enough for us, but that would just be wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment