I have been writing this blog for over a year now, I have more than 160 posts and can't tell you how many have read it.
Over the past year I have talked openly about my life, my circumstances and the things I find to be important or relevant to write about. Some of the posts have been better than others, one can only do what moves them that particular day. I don't write posts beforehand, I write them and post them the same day, this makes it so that I don't edit, I don't change and I can't turn back.
There have been countless people from North America read my blog, but I have had numerous people visit from many, many countries. There are regular readers from Russia, India, Australia, and many countries in South America, just to name a few. I like this part of blogging, as it just astonishes me having people all over the world reading my stories.
Along with all these visitors I have had many, many comments. Some I publish, some I keep to myself, some come to me via facebook, some by email. I enjoy the feedback, I enjoy hearing what others get out of my words, but most importantly I love how much my circumstances are shared by others. I have had people message me about their abuse as children. I have had people message me about how what I said helped them with the way they are feeling. I have had people message me to let me know I am not alone. This is the most powerful aspect of having this blog. Knowing that I am not the only one who has felt this way, gone through these things, or been as upset as I have been about certain things, has all made me feel like I am one of many walking down the same road.
My plan is to always blog, it's something I enjoy for the most part, and I do look forward to all the new, and old readers coming in and enjoying the words for a few minutes of the day. I look forward to hearing from as many as want to share, and I hope that through that it will keep me interested enough to keep going.
I blog for me, no one else. I don't hide anything, and I don't make up anything, it's my truth as I see it. I will never make apologies for the things I have said, as they are my truth and no one else's. I love the freedom of getting it out of my head and out into the universe. It's so much more productive to have it out there and not knocking around, driving me crazy!
So, thank you!! Thank you, all those people who come her and enjoy. It makes it all so much more interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment